January 22, 2008

Ain't No Etch-A-Sketch

This post is mainly for my friend Brandon.

But I want you all to know that I called it. The moment I stepped out of the theater, I said, "Ellen Page for Oscar." Finally, the Academy is taking comedy seriously...

Full List Of Nominations Here

The 80th Annual Academy Awards in on February 24th. Anybody down for a viewing party?

Edit (1/23/08) - After some research, I'm finding out there will most likely be no traditional ceremony due to the Writers' Strike. In lieu of fancy presentations and well-written jokes, the winners will be read aloud during a thirty (30) minute news conference. So... anybody down for a listening party?

Cheers,
Sam
"You should have gone to China, you know, 'cause I hear they are giving away babies like free iPods. You know, they pretty much just put them in those t-shirt guns and shoot them out at sporting events."
Juno MacGuff

3 comments:

jbrzuski said...

glad im not the only one excited about this! :) told you i read your blog! hehe!

Brandon K. Baker said...

"For your information, Paulie is very good in chair." - Juno MacGuff

How much of a bummer is it that we don't get the traditional glitz and glam? I won't miss it being four hours long, but I will miss the tradition of it all.

If I were in town, I'd totally be up for the party. But alas, here I am in California.

asadesu said...

They could steal the idea the Webby awards used back in the day: five-word acceptance speech, which is still just enough to say something defamatory against the president. :-)