February 25, 2008

And The...

My friends Jeremiah and Shelly were talking There Will Be Blood up and down this morning at work. I haven't seen it yet, and I am always up for a good synopsis. But all hell just about broke loose when they informed me that they thought No Country For Old Men was out-shadowed by the former film, and that the latter lacked plot and didn't deserve to be on any list of nominations.

Well, let's just say that I'm glad Miah and Shelly aren't on the Board of Governors for the Academy.

Congratulations to Daniel Day-Lewis, Joel and Ethan Cohen (pictured), Diablo Cody, Glen Hansard (video below), and the whole slew of others that got little golden statues last night. What about you guys? Any thoughts on people who got something they didn't deserve, or somebody that got overlooked? I'd love to hear it.

Also, things start clearing up here real soon schedule-wise, and I've got some exciting things in the works. I've been working on a grant for Phoenix Copper Bike. Be patient.

Cheers,
Sam
"Whoever Keyser Soze is, I can tell you he is going to get gloriously drunk tonight."
Kevin Spacey
(Talking about his film, The Usual Suspects, which won Academy Awards in 1995 for Best Screenplay and Best Supporting Actor)



2 comments: