March 9, 2008

My Peace Of The Puzzle

Just a few random things for you guys to have some fun with today...

First, there is this warning from the City of Santa Ana. Parents, make sure you watch out for those backpacks and black books. Those things are scary!



Next is my newest bike-related obsession, Zero Per Gallon. ZPG has a variety of products, including belts made from recycled bike tires, stickers with the clever their clever logo (pictured), and shirts boasting that bikes have the ability to go fifty-three (53) miles per burrito. I wonder how many miles a torta will get you. Those things are amazing. The site is a real fun time. Poke around, you'll find some good stuff in there. Promise.

Lastly, I have to let you know about yet another opportunity to join the Social Networking world. Ladies and Gentlemen, let me present to you, MyPeaceSpace! It would only be cooler if your computer started to smell like Patchouli when you visited the site. I kid, I kid. Seriously, though. This is a really neat project and you should check it out. Speaking of amazing things happening, I wonder if the people working on creating a US Department of Peace have profiles on MyPeaceSpace?

That's all I have for tonight. Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Sam
"All we are saying is 'give peace a chance.'"
John Lennon

1 comment:

John Spencer said...

How funny!

Last year, in a staff meeting about gangs, a teacher said, "I noticed a group of students hanging around together. They were in packs and were all wearing white sweatshirts. Are they in a gang?"

Packs? Are we talking about wild animals or students? I hung out in "packs" in junior high. We called them friends.

I couldn't help myself and responded, "I think they were wearing sweatshirts because it's cold and the dress code only allows three colors."