August 24, 2008

It's Sunday, This Is Football

I'm a fan of football. All sorts of football. I play fantasy football, I'm a big college football fan, and I like to play a little two-hand touch on Thanksgiving Morning. But today, I'm talking about the football with penalty kicks, not penalty yards. You Yanks call it "soccer." I don't have any sort of premium cable package, so I am a seasonal fan- like when the Euros or the World Cup are on network television. The next Cup is in South Africa during the summer of 2010, and I can barely stand the anticipation. But honestly, I just got way more excited about the World Cup of 2018:



The website behind Israel-Palestine bid is well-thought out, streamlined, really intuitive, and totally worth a visit. Oh yeah, and it's actually a side project of OneVoice, a movement of people "eager to support a serious process, leading to a comprehensive agreement that will fulfill the hopes and aspirations of both the Palestinian and the Israeli people for a two-state solution." That makes sense to me. And, I found out, a bunch of other people, too. Nearly 650,000 (I was number 646,402) voices are singing the song of a two-state solution in perfect harmony. Add your voice to the chorus. And go watch some (real) football.

Cheers,
Sam
"Peace and football are the best combination."
Avram Grant
(Former Coach of Chelsea Football Club)

No comments: