October 21, 2008

Marketing On The Mind

I'm a big fan of my marketing class. And I'm not just saying that because I know my professor reads this blog (Hi, Jen!). I truly enjoy learning how the principles of marketing and effective communication bleed into the nonprofit world. So, there.

Over the weekend, I read about social marketing and how to do it effectively. Here's a couple of videos and campaigns that I think do it pretty dang well:

1) The Partnership for a McCain-Free White House: A great mock-PSA funded by Move On done with The Partnership for a Drug-Free America in mind and tongue fully in cheek. More information here.



2) Help Sweden: "Turn the world around." More information here.



3) Knock It Off: Funded by the Ad Council and GLSEN (Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network), these videos and print ads urge young people to change the way they use the phrase, "That's so gay." More information here.





What about you guys? Have you seen or heard any other good examples of social marketing lately? Looking forward to seeing what you have come across.

Cheers,
Sam
"The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well that the product or service sells itself."
Peter Drucker

No comments: