November 22, 2008

Growing A 'Stache For Cash

This is what I looked like up until a few days ago:



Yep, that's me doing my best Fidel Castro (Don't worry, Mom, the cigar isn't lit...). I grew that beard for the better part of three months. I loved it. But you know what I love even more? Funding public education. So I shaved it all off, and started over; for a cause.

That's right, a few friends and I are going to be growing Mustaches For Kids for the next four (4) weeks to raise money on behalf of DonorsChoose.org. I'm hoping that if I publicly humiliate myself by shooting for the Selleck Star, I can raise some awareness and some cash for public schools. I'm also hoping that having a mustache feels like the color blue:



Over there on the sidebar --> I have a link to the projects I am hoping to fully fund over the next grueling twenty-eight (28) days. If you don't like either of those, check out some other projects happening in Phoenix. Either way, with your checkbook and my testosterone we are going to make a big difference in the lives of these kids! Here's how I'm doing so far:


Your donation will bring a better chance for success to these students. Thanks for your support!


Cheers,
Sam
"When I went to the Olympics, I had every intention of shaving the mustache off, but I realized that I was getting so many comments about it - and everybody was talking about it - that I decided to keep it.
Mark Spitz

PS - If you want to grow with us (or just join in on the fun), we will be meeting again on December 4th to compare 'staches at The Roosevelt Tavern (816 N 3rd St) at 8PM. We'll also be practicing our Beer Foam Retention skills...

No comments: