November 24, 2008

Support My 'Stache

My friend Morgan is a fan of mustaches and DonorsChoose.org, so I think you should listen to what he has to say:



What does this have to do with readers of Deserted After Dark? I'm growing my mustache for the next four weeks in order to raise awareness and money for two projects here in Phoenix, that's what. Supplies For Small Fries will equip an underfunded first grade classroom in West Phoenix and set up Mrs. B's students at Fowler Elementary School for success.

Then there is Mrs. Z's students at Excelencia School who would love a multi-colored carpet to sit "Criss Cross Applesauce" on. My mom uses one of these carpets in her classroom, and I've seen firsthand what an integral role it plays in the students' day. The kids love having a square to call their own, and in the meantime learn valuable lessons about boundaries and sharing.

If neither of those project inspire you to dust off and crack open your checkbook, check out this list of other projects teachers in Phoenix would love to have funded or search for one that matches your own personal interests. Even $10 makes a big difference for kids in classrooms that desperately need big differences. Thanks in advance for your support, you're making bright futures more possible for kids like these:



Cheers,
Sam
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate the deserts."
C.S. Lewis

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Thanks for including a plug for Mr. Z's class at Excelencia. I will pass this post along to my teacher friends and family. Thanks for sharing this incredible resource for teachers and most importantly, our children.